Purchasing Guidelines – Introduction to the Price List
We offer three basic services in FreshMail:
- email marketing, which we make available to you in two different payment plans:
- ‘Email marketing PLUS’ plan (main service) or
- ‘Pay as you go’ plan
- Sending of text messages,
- Transactional emails via API and SMTP.
You can use the FreshMail App by purchasing only one of the above services, all three or only selected services.
You can purchase only the option of sending text messages or transactional emails, but our customers most often use these two options in combination with an email marketing service.
The email marketing service comes in two options:
- using a subscription (i.e. ‘Email marketing PLUS’) or
- by paying only for the emails sent (you buy email credits using prepaid points).
If you decide to subscribe, you can choose from different packages which also provide you with other functionalities (for example, the ability to create landing pages, organise webinars, or use FreshAds – an automatic advertising app dedicated to Facebook).
Moreover, each package allows you to choose the maximum number of Subscribers you wish to have in your Account.
Webinars and FreshAds are referred to as Additional Services for the purposes of the Price List. They are included in selected packages in the ‘Email Marketing PLUS’ plan. You can also purchase them additionally if you have the ‘Pay as you go’ plan. If you wish to purchase only the option of Sending text messages or Transactional Emails, you need to buy the email marketing service to be able to use the Additional Services.
You can combine our services to suit your needs. See how you can benefit from FreshMail:
Four main FreshMail purchasing options:
- Email Marketing PLUS (you can also additionally purchase the option of Sending text messages and Transactional Emails)
- Pay as you go (you can also additionally purchase Webinars, FreshAds, the option of Sending text messages and Transactional Emails)
- Sending of text messages (you can also additionally purchase Email marketing and Transactional Emails)
- Transactional emails via API and SMTP
(you can also additionally purchase Email marketing and the option of Sending text messages)
There are four packages to choose from in ‘Email Marketing PLUS’:
You will find a detailed description of each package and the prices of our services in the Price List here.
Transactional emails via API and SMTP can be purchased in four available packages:
- Trial Account
You will find a detailed description of the Transactional Email packages here.
FreshMail likes to keep things organised. That is why we’ve put together a short list of definitions:
Service – one of the three main services you can choose when buying access to the FreshMail App. Our main Services are: Email marketing (available in two payment plans), Sending of text messages and Transactional Emails. You may combine these three Services in compliance with the provisions described in this document.
Additional Services – these are FreshAds and Webinars; they are available as part of selected packages in your subscription, and you can also purchase them if you use the ‘Pay as you go’ plan.
Email marketing – this is our main service, which is used to send mailing campaigns. You can use it as part of the ‘Email marketing PLUS’ subscription (where you can choose from different packages) or as part of the ‘Pay as you go’ plan.
Email Marketing PLUS – allows you to send an unlimited number of emails in the course of a month and the subscription fee depends on (i) the size of your database and (ii) the functionality package of the FreshMail App and Additional Services that we make available to you in the FreshMail App, as well as (iii) the length of the period for which you purchase a subscription in advance. As part of your subscription, you have a choice of four packages containing a different range of services: Starter, Plus, Pro, and Enterprise. The range and prices of packages can be found here.
Pay as you go – within this Service, you buy credits on a ‘prepaid’ basis, which translates directly into the number of messages (one credit is one email sent). Purchased credits are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. You can ‘spend’ your credits on the actual shipping of your chosen number of emails at any time. Choose this Service if you are interested only in sending email campaigns.
Sending of text messages – choose this Service if you are interested only in sending text message campaigns. You pay for the number of messages which you can send at any time for 12 months from the date of purchase – one credit is one text message sent.
Transactional Emails – allow you to send effective notifications from your website, transaction confirmations, invoices and other alerts; to purchase this Service, you must sign a special contract with FreshMail. The Transactional Email service is not intended to be used for email marketing by you. If you have any queries about how to distinguish a transactional email from email marketing – read our guide here.
Additional Services – these are FreshAds and Webinars; they are available in selected packages in your ‘Email marketing PLUS’ subscription, and you can also purchase them additionally if you use the ‘Pay as you go’ service.
FreshAds – a service, provided by the owner of the FastTony brand, which integrates the FreshMail App with the program for generating automatic ads on Facebook.
Webinars – this is an additional function of the FreshMail App, which allows you to organise online conferences up to a certain number of participants. If you do not have access to Webinars under your ‘Email marketing PLUS’ subscription, you can test the Webinars option for 14 days for free, and organise conferences for up to 5 participants.
Limit – packages in the ‘Email marketing PLUS’ subscription differ in price due to the maximum number of Subscribers you can have in your database. This number is referred to as limit. When buying the ‘Pay as you go’ plan or the Sending of text messages service, you also usually buy a certain package in which you have a certain number of credits (limit). When buying the Transactional Email service in a given package, you also have limits on the maximum number of messages you can send during a given Billing Period. It is not possible to send more messages than your current limit allows.
Plan – when, after signing into the FreshMail App, you make a choice as to which functionalities you want to pay for, the whole configuration you choose is called a plan. Your plan consists of the following choices: which Services you want to use, for how long (1, 6 or 12 months in advance), and which Limits you want to choose.
Billing Period – this means 30 days to us. If you purchase access to any of the Additional Services for one or several months in advance, FreshMail will bill you every 30 days. The Billing Periods for the different functionalities of the FreshMail App you have purchased do not have to coincide.
Account Maintenance Fee
an additional fee, which is dependent on the period in which your Account was not paid for and during which we needed to store the data you entrusted us with on FreshMail servers (and this data may include Subscriber activity, the campaigns you created, reports, or subscriber lists). The amount of the additional fee depends on the duration of your delay in paying for the upcoming plan. You will receive the notice of the Account Maintenance Fee amount in the purchase order for each new plan purchased. Read more about the Account Maintenance Fee in our FAQ.
a method of making payments for your use of the FreshMail App where the FreshMail App automatically collects the amount due from the credit card added to your FreshMail account. Of course, your prior consent is necessary for this method of payment to be activated. The amount of the Recurring Payment is regulated by the Price List and will depend on the number of addresses stored in your account.
Essentials – when is your Account active?
1. Your account is active for as long as at least one Service (basic) you have purchased is active.
Guidelines for using the Main Services
2. If you have already purchased the ‘Email Marketing PLUS’ plan (in any package), then:
(i) You can extend the validity of your current Plan at any time within your subscription (the same package, the same Subscriber limit). In such a situation, the validity of the Plan will be extended according to the selected period – by an additional 1, 6 or 12 months.
(ii) You can purchase another package with the Subscriber limit corresponding to the size of your database or higher, but never lower.
(iii) You can upgrade to a higher package at any time. The change is made immediately, and your new Billing Period will begin at that moment.
(iv) You can upgrade to a higher Subscriber limit at any time. The change is made immediately, and your new Billing Period will begin at that moment.
(v) You can downgrade to a lower package with the start of a new Billing Period. This means that you can purchase a lower package at any time, but this change will only take effect starting with a new Billing Period.
(vi) You can switch to the ‘Pay as you go’ plan at any time, but you will not be refunded any money for the unused part of your existing Plan.
(vii) When selecting a specific package, you also select the Subscriber limit in your Account, which determines your Plan. The maximum default limit in our Packages is 100,000 Subscribers. If the number of Subscribers in your Account exceeds 100,000, you must sign a suitable contract with us or switch to the Enterprise package.
3. If you purchased the ‘Pay as you go’ Service:
(i) Your credits are valid for 12 months, and after this period of time they expire.
(ii) You can buy an additional package of credits at any time.
(iii) You can change your Plan to ‘Email Marketing PLUS’ at any time. Your new Billing Period will begin at that moment.
(iv) Each month, your Account has to feature at least enough credits to send one campaign a month to your entire Subscriber database stored in your Account.
4. If you purchased the option of Sending text messages:
(i) Each text message credit you buy is valid for 12 months, and after this period of time it expires.
(ii) You can buy an additional package of credits at any time.
(iii) You can buy an additional Email Marketing Service as part of the ‘Email Marketing PLUS’ plan at any time.
5. You can purchase Additional Services if you have an active ‘Pay as you go’ plan. If you purchase the ‘Email Marketing PLUS’ Service, the Additional Services are already included in some packages.
6. Webinars can be purchased for 1 Billing Period – you choose a package of up to 100, 200 or 300 participants. You can extend your access to Webinars at any time by simply paying for another Billing Period.
7. You can change your Webinar package to a larger or smaller one at any time. The new package will be activated immediately (this is when the new Billing Period will also start). Remember that in such a situation, the unused part of the previous package will not be converted into a discount and will be lost.
9. The Additional Services do not extend the validity of your Account, so if the credit package you purchased under the ‘Pay as you go’ plan has expired:
the FreshAds application will still be available to you, but you will not be able to use it fully. In particular, you will not be able to integrate FreshAds with the FreshMail App;
you will not be able to organise a Webinar, and your subscribers will be unable to sign up to it.
10. To send a Campaign under the provisions of the selected Email marketing plan and/or use other functionalities of the FreshMail App, the following conditions must be met:
(i) the due fee has been credited to and posted in the FreshMail account via e-payment services (so-called electronic wallets) or collected from the credit card added to your Account, or
(ii) you have concluded a contract in writing (as specified in point 13.iii of this document),
11. When the Plan you have chosen expires, you will still be able to sign in to your Account; however, you will only be able to send another Campaign (or publish another Landing Page or organise Webinars) when FreshMail receives another appropriate payment, either via electronic payment services or from your credit card, or by bank transfer against VAT invoices issued by FreshMail, as applicable. As soon as FreshMail receives the required payment, the FreshMail App will automatically credit your Account. Remember that you can also purchase a plan for more than 30 (thirty) days.
13. Remember that the payment method you choose is important:
(iii) if you choose to make a payment against VAT invoices issued to you by FreshMail, FreshMail will send the relevant contract in writing for you to sign and send back in two (2) original copies. Both original copies will be signed by FreshMail, with one sent back to the mailing address which you have provided when signing up.
14. The payments you may make to FreshMail will be increased by the Value Added Tax (VAT) at the rates established in the Pricing. After each payment you make, FreshMail will submit an electronic VAT invoice to the email address you have provided when signing up.
15. All billing is electronically processed by FreshMail, which is why you agree to have all VAT invoices generated and submitted to you in an electronic format. You can always revoke this consent. To do this, you need to notify FreshMail in a message sent from the email address used to sign up or in writing.
Special payments – for maintaining or restoring the Account
16. On the expiration of the Plan, you should immediately pay for the next Billing Period. If you purchase this plan after the date on which your Account expires, you will be charged the Account Maintenance Fee, which is an amount due for the storage of your data on FreshMail servers while your Account was inactive. You will find more information here.
18. Whenever reasonable to do so, you may suspend your Account for no more than 6 months. If you want to use this option, you need to contact the FreshMail Customer Support. FreshMail will respond by suspending your Account only if no payment is overdue, including your Account Maintenance Fee.