MyLead.global created edited
[CASE STUDY] Email marketing in the affiliate programs promotionBack to list of articles
You wake up in the morning. You get up, pour hot coffee into a cup, and sit in front of the computer. You open your laptop and you see $771.91. It's your money - ready to be withdrawn and delivered to you at any time. Let's see what you can do with them when you take the affiliate program for the spin!
Real dreams about earning online, the power of affiliate programs.
This was the amount achieved by Damian, who promotes financial products mainly associated with cryptocurrencies and investments. Damian promoted them in several ways.
The effects? $771.91 in only 20 days! Read the case study and find out how it happened.
The objectives of the campaign were as follows:
- increase the number of people subscribing to the newsletter;
- make the wide promotion of the registration form;
- achieve the highest possible Open Rate and CTR;
- generate profit by mailings.
The main channel of promotion was sending an email marketing campaign. Damian was additionally supported by the SEO and SMS databases.
What results did we achieve?
Let's focus on the mailing. Damian sorted his recipients very precisely, so he perfectly knew to whom he directs his messages.
His target group was people interested in:
- looking for a job;
- working on the Internet;
- personal development.
Each of these industries and interests fits the product that the publisher wanted to promote. In this case, the age and sex of the recipients were irrelevant.
The mailing was not carried out immediately after the first subscriptions. The email database was first thoroughly collected, and only then the campaign was sent. What are the statistics of the mailing carried out in this way?
This means that almost 9 out of 10 recipients received the message, nearly 7 out of 10 people opened it, and every 10th recipient decided to click the link.
It is worth noting that Damian decided to use the follow-ups. They aimed to remind the recipient about the offer and certainly had an impact on the above statistics. In total, one recipient received six messages, which resulted in a large number of them being opened.
Damian achieved the profit as a result of advertising the affiliate program. He promoted two affiliate programs so, each recipient could use one of the two proposals.
What exactly was promoted?
CryptoProfit and GoldenPROFIT affiliate programs.
These affiliate programs are based on investments in cryptocurrencies or gold and allow the client to make a profit from completed transactions. Usually, the client has to create a free account, and next, deposit at least 250 dollars to use them for mentioned investments. Notice that after creating an account, the client is not required to make a deposit, and does it of his/her own free will.
A deposit is considered to be a completed conversion. After that, Damian receives remuneration for the acquired client, which is at least $250.
This is one example of making money on your mailing base. There are a lot of other examples, but many depend on the nature of the site you run. You can read more about matching the product to your recipients in the further part of this article. Let us now analyze how all these statistics were achieved.
Plan to acquire new active clients
- Building a mailing base with the use of own websites;
- Creating simple landing pages with a form to acquire new users;
- Contact with external companies to purchase profiled customers.
Creating an effective contact form for affiliate programs
Damian made use of the email addresses database he collected through his website. In the form, he asked for an email address and "name" in the additional field. Later he could use it to personalize the message.
- The form was a pop-up window;
- The form appeared after 10 seconds of presence on the page. It was also called automatically after scrolling the screen.
Before agreeing to use the data for marketing purposes, Damian decided to add another consent that was supposed to create curiosity. Both consents were unchecked, so they had to be checked in person. Note the clear CTA button - SIGN UP.
Appropriate CTA is very important - according to Hubspot research, button customization can increase conversion by up to 42%.
The use of HotJar tools is also worth mentioning - they record the users’ activity on the site and allow to track their behavior. A well-conducted analysis of the results lets you make changes in problematic sections of the page, through which the potential recipient could opt out of signing up.
What did people receive after signing up for the list?
The best solution is to offer the recipient free content, for example, an e-book containing some specialized knowledge. This significantly increases the number of acquired contacts and is well received.
Damian decided to create a several-page PDF file with advice on how to invest money. He also offered free investment support.
How did the mailing look like?
Recipients received the messages with a catchy title based on their main interests, such as, “Apparently, you need a job? It's great”. The messages were built of a clear headline, short content, and CTA buttons. The buttons aimed to convince the recipient to click.
Clicking on "GO TO THE WEBSITE" redirected to the affiliate program website.
Know your customers
Information is the basis. According to Dr Maciej Kawecki, personal data is currently more valuable than oil. It is natural that you want your messages to be received as positively as possible. The type and channel of communication are also significant. You have to provide the customer with issues and products that best match their interests. How to learn more about your recipients?
A lot depends on the type of website. If you run a fashion blog, it is clear what your readers expect. The automotive-related portal will hit the taste of men who are interested in cars, parts, car insurance, and so on. You can take some information in advance, but what about other data?
The more you know, the better!
You can use two different ways to gather more information about your client:
- Google Analytics, which will tell you the most about visitors to your site. It's about all the recipients, not just those who sign up for your database. To better analyze mailing campaign dispatches, the FreshMail system allows for integration with the Google Analytics tool.
- Additional fields in the form are obvious but not always used way of collecting information. If you have a blog about loans, you can, for example, ask a potential recipient about their monthly earnings.
Thanks to the acquired information, you will be able to match your offer better. For example, for users who earn less, you can offer higher loans.
I am building a client base. What can I do with them?
As we have agreed, you can use these contacts to make money. We have shown you the use of investment-related programs, but in fact, you can make money on a lot of other products. So what exactly is there to promote?
It depends on your website, and above all, on its subject matter. Based on this, you should choose products to promote. Why is message customization so crucial? Because statistics show that the recipients are very sensitive to it.
There's no industry where you can't use affiliation. So no matter what you do, you can earn money on affiliate programs. But the question remains, where to look for these products?
MyLead affiliate network
MyLead has in its offer 1600 affiliate programs from several dozen various categories, and one free account is enough to access all of them. Campaigns are divided into categories, so you can conveniently browse and choose them according to your recipients.
It will not take you more than 5 minutes to create an account, and you can browse the database of affiliate programs now.
Will affiliate program not upset my recipients?
If you run a website for a long time, collect loyal recipients and readers, do not solely send them content to earn money. Send interesting facts, information about new entries on your blog, and other valuable information. This will make the sales activities much better received.
Also, try not to send too many messages. According to the statistics, an overly pushy message can easily upset your audience.
Besides, if you do profiling well, the content you send will arouse positive emotions. Remember that it is crucial to examine, and then, respond to customer needs.
What besides email marketing?
In addition to the marketing database subscription, the most obvious choice is content marketing. In a nutshell, content marketing is creating valuable content, particularly texts and articles that will tell the story of the promoted product.
Learn more about content marketing
To get more traffic to your web pages, it is worth following good SEO practices. If you are a blogger, you certainly have your own channels on social media. You should then try the power of influencer marketing. Using all possible ways of the promotion will significantly increase your chances of profit.
The Ten Golden Tips for Affiliate Programs
- If you send a follow-up, each message should have different content;
- Use the language of benefits - choose the words addressed to the client accordingly;
- Focus on the texts - take your time, use short sentences and clear messages;
- Verify before sending - make sure that the message you created looks exactly as you planned it;
- Analyze - check different texts, graphic settings, different titles and headers;
- Remember about CTA - it is necessary to place in your message buttons redirecting to affiliate programs (or to the landing page that allows for easy switch to the affiliate program);
- Choose the most suitable product - offer your customers exactly what they may be interested in;
- Ask if you do not know - the MyLead team is available 24/7 and will gladly help you choose the right products and answer any of your questions;
- Create additional content - if you give something extra to a potential subscriber, you increase the chance of subscribing;
- Use your knowledge - learn more about affiliation. You can find a lot of information on the MyLead blog.
Author of the text: Bartosz Magielski