FreshMail Payments – FAQ’s
What are recurring payments?
By using recurring payments, you agree to have your credit card automatically charged for the services provided by FreshMail.
You can use this option if you have selected the Email marketing PLUS plan. This way, you don’t have to make monthly payments – if you have added a credit card to your account and agreed to recurring payments, the system will automatically draw funds from your card in subsequent billing periods.
The system will systematically debit money from your card on a specified date until your account is suspended or your cooperation with FreshMail is terminated (and your account deleted). The fee depends on your current subscriber database and the plan chosen.
My trial account has expired.
Your trial account will be deleted after 14 days. If you wish to extend the validity of your account and buy a paid plan, take a look at our price list and choose the package you want or contact our Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I have a trial account, and I have exceeded the limit of 100k subscribers / 5k messages.
If any limits are exceeded, the option of sending messages or campaigns from your account will be blocked. You won’t have the ability to send campaigns, but you will still be able to take actions in your subscriber lists and log in to your account.
If you haven’t sent any campaigns by the time you are blocked, remove over-the-limit addresses and the ability to send campaigns and messages will be automatically restored.
If you have exceeded the limit for messages sent, the best solution is to buy a suitable paid plan. Then the ability to send campaigns will be automatically restored.
To do this, log in to your account.
I chose the Pay as you go plan and used up my message limit.
If you have used your message limit in your Pay as you go plan, simply top up your account. You won’t be able to send campaigns until your account is topped up.
If you are not sending any campaigns, your account doesn’t need to be topped up.
Remember, however, that:
- Your message credits are valid for one year, and if for longer than 90 days you don’t have enough messages in your account to send 1 campaign to all of your subscribers, FreshMail will be authorised to delete your account.
- If you don’t log in to your account for 12 months, it will be deleted, and you will lose access to all your data.
What is the account maintenance fee?
The account maintenance fee is a one-off fee dependent on the length of time your account has been unpaid. The fee covers the period of time during which FreshMail continued to provide services for you even though you failed to log in to your account. These services include:
- storing on the server sent mailings, reports from mailings or mailing lists
- handling unsubscriptions and enrolments of new subscribers
- collecting subscriber activity data
Below you can find more detailed information about this mechanism.
I chose the Email marketing PLUS plan and did not make the next payment on time, while my database remained unchanged.
If you don’t make a payment on time, the option of sending messages or campaigns from your account will be blocked (you will be able to log in to your account but without being able to send campaigns). The moment you make another payment, this amount will be increased by the period during which we maintained your account and hosted your data. The additional fee will depend on the duration of your delay in paying for your pla
Seven days before and one day before the end of your billing period, you will receive a reminder from us about your upcoming payment due date.
- If you have added a credit card to your account, you don’t have to worry. We will automatically collect the next payment, and its amount will be the same as in the previous billing period.
- If you haven’t added credit card details to your account or we are unable to charge your card (it has expired, or the funds are insufficient), remember to make your payment on time – we will send you a reminder email well in advance. However, if you are late with your payment, the moment you make the payment, the amount will be increased by the period during which we maintained your account and hosted your data. The additional fee will depend on the duration of your delay in paying for your plan.
You pay PLN 150 per month. You are five days late with your payment because you haven’t added credit card details to your account, and the payment didn’t process automatically. The account maintenance fee for five days will be PLN 25 (PLN 150 / 30 days = PLN 5 * 5 days = PLN 25).
For an extension of the same plan, you will pay a total of PLN 175 (PLN 150 for the plan and PLN 25 for maintaining the account for five days).
I chose the Email marketing PLUS plan (with any package) for a specific number of subscribers, and my database expanded during the billing period – how will this affect my payments?
- If you pay for a higher plan when you exceed your subscriber limit, the new billing period will begin on the date you pay for the higher plan. If your subscriber database expanded on day 15 of a billing period, the payment for the new billing period and the new limit would be automatically reduced by the amount you did not use in the previous billing period at the lower limit.
You pay PLN 50 per month; in the middle of the billing period your database exceeded the limit of 1000 subscribers and on the same day you make a payment for a higher plan (2500 subscribers, cost PLN 80).
You pay PLN 55 for the new plan (PLN 80 – PLN 25).
The most convenient option is to add credit card details to your account. If this happens, we will automatically debit the difference between the lower plan and the higher plan from your account for that billing period, and the duration of the billing period will remain unchanged.
- If you purchase a higher plan during the previous billing period, but later than on the date on which your database expanded, the new billing period will begin on the date you paid for the higher plan. The fee for the new plan will be reduced by the unused amount from the previous plan, calculated from the date of your payment, and not from the moment your database expanded.
You pay PLN 50 per month, and in the middle of the billing period (day 15) your database exceeded the limit of 1000 subscribers. You purchase a new plan on day 20.
You will pay PLN 63.50 for the new plan, and it will be valid until day 50.
- Remember that you have a maximum of 30 days from the day on which your database expanded to pay for your next plan. After a period of 30 days, your data will be deleted if no payment is registered.
You pay PLN 50 per month, and your database exceeded the limit at the end of the billing period. You have a maximum of 30 days to make the payment. You make a purchase on day 60 (i.e. max. 30 days after your database expands).
You will pay PLN 160 for the new plan, and it will be valid until day 90.
- I paid for the Email marketing PLUS plan for 12 months, and in the course of the plan my subscriber database expanded, but I didn’t make a payment immediately. In this case, you will only pay for the difference between the higher and the lower plan. The difference will be calculated from the moment your database expanded.
You purchased the Email marketing PLUS plan with the Starter package for up to 1000 subscribers for a period of 12 months and paid a one-time fee of PLN 600 (PLN 50 for each month). After 3 months, your subscriber database exceeded the limit. You make a payment 30 days after your database expanded (at the beginning of month 5).
For the new plan, you will pay PLN 30 for the month in which we maintained your data (the difference between the higher and the lower plan), plus PLN 30 for each month of the new plan (PLN 240).
I chose the Email marketing PLUS plan for a specific number of subscribers, and my database shrank during the billing period – how will this affect my payments?
If your subscriber database shrinks to a size that entitles you to switch to a lower plan, you can do so after the end of the current billing period.
If you have added a credit card to your account, each month the system will automatically charge the amount from the previous billing period. If your subscriber database is sufficiently low to switch to a lower package, log in to the system and manually enable a lower plan.
- You have a maximum of 30 days to make the next payment. During this time, we will maintain your data, and you can log in to your account without being able to send campaigns. Even if your subscriber database shrinks during this time to a size that entitles you to switch to a lower plan, you still have to pay a maintenance fee equal at the amount of the previous plan.
You pay PLN 80 per month, and you don’t make a payment for the next billing period. In that time, your subscriber database drops below 1000 subscribers. On day 60, you make a payment for a lower plan (for up to 1000 subscribers, at the cost of PLN 50).
You will pay PLN 130 for a new plan (PLN 50 for days 60–90 + PLN 80 for the period of maintaining your account – days 30–60).
- I paid for the Email marketing PLUS plan for 12 months, and in the course of the plan my subscriber database shrank. Can I downgrade to a lower plan?
Yes. When your base shrinks, you need to log in to your FreshMail account and manually switch to a lower plan, regardless of the payment method selected previously. Excess funds will be automatically recalculated based on your subscriber database for future months.
What if my database exceeds 100,000 subscribers?
You haven’t found an answer to your question?
Write to us, we are always happy to help.
Pobierz darmową checklistę: