Your registration confirmation email and what it should look like
When choosing the Double Opt-In option on your sign-up page, the system automatically sends an email with an activation link to your new subscribers. You can use the default message in FreshMail or you can personalize it. The second option is available only in paid plans. If you choose it, we've put together a few tips to help you compose the content of the message.
A good confirmation message will contain the following things:
- An explanation of why the person is receiving the information ('You recently requested to receive our newsletter...')
- Assurance regarding the protection of the subscriber's data ('We do not share your email address with third parties...')
- Including the logo of your company makes everything about your email more credible
- Information regarding the ability to unsubscribe from the newsletter
- Including the $$confirmlink$$ marker that will turn into an activation link after sending (the marker is automatically in the confirmation mail but you may, for example, mistakenly edit it out when you are creating your message)
Trial accounts and confirmation message
If you use a trial account, you can take advantage of the option to edit your confirmation message by contacting our Customer Service. After clicking the ‘Edit’ button a popup will display information to make it easier to contact our consultants, who can insert the new text for you.
You can still change the topic of the message, the sender email and preview your messages before sending.
If you are using the Double Opt-In model and want that extra click on the link to confirm a subscriber's email address, then you can be sure that they will have to interact with your message. It's in your interest to make sure that the message they receive is consistent with their expectations of you and your brand.
Check when to use Double Opt-in and when Single Opt-In here >>
Pobierz darmową checklistę: